Sunday, April 05, 2009

"99 and a half won't do..."

A couple of years ago, the Savannah Morning News printed they thought should be the 99 rules for living in Savannah. Now, while I thought that it was right on the button and written well by the late Gene Downs, I also felt that somethings were missing and so I came up with some addendums for the list right afterward. This morning, I had breakfast with a friend of mine named Kellyn at Cleary's on Habersham & 63, While over great food, we got to talking about how quirky this town is, as she is from Nebraska. It got me to thinking about that list of 99 and maybe I should add just a few more things. Let's try these on for size, Coastal Empire:

"Lordy, I just got Facebook. Now I can see everybody I just saw at work online drunk as a skunk for St. Pat's!

Middleground Road used to be two lanes, 35 MPH and folks drove at 45MPH. Now Middleground is four lanes 35 MPH and folks drive 35MPH.

This time out, WJCL and Fox 28 are going to keep this news team for a bit longer than six months. They had that reality show.

Speaking of which, if you see that Ruby lady outside of McDonough's at 11 pm with a bunch of folks, it's just the Style Network folk plotting the next seasson. Pay no attention. To them or the show. Publicly, of course, as you don't watch reality tv. Bless her heart.

If you really have to have a Guiniess beer, go to Leopold's Ice Cream parlor and order a Guiniess ice cream. You'll be glad you did.

We love our sweet tea, but now we can get it by the fifths? AMAZING.

I know there's more out there about Savannah. Someone will let me know soon. Bless their hearts.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to visit this web page, because i wish for enjoyment,
for the reason that this this website conations actually fastidious funny
information too.

My web blog recipes for juicers

Anonymous said...

If you are going for most excellent contents like myself,
simply pay a quick visit this site daily for the reason that it presents
quality contents, thanks

my weblog :: juicing recipes for juicers

Anonymous said...

I rarely comment, however i did some searching and wound up here ""99
and a half won't do..."". And I do have a few questions for you if you do not mind. Is it only me or does it seem like some of these comments come across like written by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing on other online social sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post. Would you make a list of every one of your community sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

my website :: Wheatgrass Juicers

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I
was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
Thanks a lot!

Feel free to surf to my site :: http://new.etna.it

Anonymous said...

I every time used to study article in news papers but
now as I am a user of internet thus from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.



Review my web site: http://wiki.sonosphere.org/index.php?title=The_Differences_Between_Omega_Juicers

Anonymous said...

If some one needs expert view concerning blogging and site-building after that i recommend him/her to pay a quick visit this web site, Keep up the
pleasant job.

Also visit my page; Jack Lalanne Power juicer pro

Anonymous said...

I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one today.

my site - http://doblajemexicano.com.mx/sitio/index.php?title=Usuario:KHAMarsha

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
I'll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I'll
learn a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!


Also visit my webpage ... daytime Tv

Anonymous said...

Fantastic site. Lots of useful info here. I'm sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks in your effort!

Here is my weblog ... magic johnson